Commercial Pesticide Applicators: Supervisory Trainings
*Update, 6/3/2020: The September 2020 Supervisory Registration Certificate Training Classes are currently being evaluated. Courses will be offered in some combination of virtual training and in-person training. While we hope to include an in-person component, please understand that this may not be possible. The planning team is working on designing courses for 2020 that will offer a safe and quality experience for all. Please check back by July 13 for further updates and registration information.
UNH Cooperative Extension will host a series of all-day training workshops for those seeking a Supervisory Registration Certificate - General Use from the State’s Division of Pesticide Control. Training will prepare participants for the State of NH certification exam.
Workshops include a chance to take the Core training, which reviews the National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual & NH Code of Administrative Rules, and a training day in each of the following categories: Turf (G2), Shade & Ornamental (G1), Right-Of-Way (B) and Mosquito & Black Fly (F2).
To be eligible to apply for a Supervisory Registration Certificate - General Use, a person shall:
• Complete 8 hours of category specific training if they seek a certificate in any of the following categories: G1, G2, B, F2, F8, or C1,
• Complete 8 hours of general instruction (Core Training),
• Submit a resume form to the Division of Pesticide Control including with it the certificates of attendance to the above aforementioned training sessions as verification of completion,
• Take a written exam, AND
• If the exam is passed, the applicant will take part in a scheduled oral examination given by a panel from the Division of Pesticide Control.
Core*: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 *OR* Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Turf (G2): Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Shade & Ornamental (G1): Thursday, September 17, 2020
Right of Way (B): Friday, September 18, 2020
Mosquito & Black Fly (F2): Wednesday, September 23, 2020
*Please note, there are 2 Core class dates. You only need to enroll in a single one.
Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: Early Registration Price $120 per class per day. After September 1, price is $140 per class per day
Registration will open in July for these classes.
In an effort to protect attendees’ safety, we will be monitoring attendees’ temperatures and requiring you to wear cloth face masks. Additionally, we are asking people to self-assess their health:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Are you experiencing any new muscle aches or chills?
- Have you experienced any new change in your sense of taste or smell?
If ANY of these conditions apply to you on the day of the program, we ask you to stay home, as we cannot allow you to participate.
Study materials are required. If you do not presently have them, please order online at least 10 days before your class.