Lisa works with New Hampshire communities to build awareness of and resilience to the impacts of a changing climate. About half of her time is dedicated to supporting climate adaptation in the coastal watershed, working on projects with the NH Coastal Adaptation Workgroup and conducting programming with coastal communities. She is also working to develop new programming for climate adaptation work in the rest of the state, including participating in the Upper Valley Adaptation Workgroup, and she represents Cooperative Extension on the USDA Northeast Climate Hub. Recent climate adaptation programming has focused on outreach to conservation commissions about how they can address climate change impacts on natural resources, a Climate in the Classroom program with several junior high classes in the seacoast, public engagement in municipal planning related to climate, and more.
Prior to joining Extension in January 2017, Lisa worked on projects with Great Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, the Great Bay 2020 partners, the National Estuarine Research Reserve System Science Collaborative, and Infrastructure and Climate Network (ICNet). She completed both her bachelor's and master's degrees at the University of New Hampshire. She is a graduate of the internship-based TIDES Masters program (Training for the Integration of Decision-making and Ecosystem Science), during which she worked with the Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve in New York, earned a Master of Science in Integrated Coastal Ecosystem Science, Policy and Management, and completed the UNH certificate program in Geospatial Studies.
- M.S., Coastal Ecosystem Management, University of New Hampshire, 2015
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Science, University of New Hampshire, 2015
- B.S., Environmental Conservation Studies, University of New Hampshire, 2012
- The Coastal Society
- American Society of Adaptation Professionals
- 5 Ways Communities can Protect Wildlife in a Changing Climate [factsheet]
- What Conservation Commissions Can Do to Protect Natural Resources in a Changing Climate [fact sheet]
- What NH Atlantic Coast Municipalities Need to Know about Preparing for Storm Surge, Sea-level Rise, and Extreme Precipitation [factsheet]
- What NH Great Bay Municipalities Need to Know about Preparing for Storm Surge, Sea-level Rise, and Extreme Precipitation [factsheet]