Make these quick, fun parfaits for breakfast or tasty dessert. Kids can help make this recipe by crushing the cereal, spooning the ingredients into the glass, and even cutting the bananas with a fork.
- 5 minutes
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 6-oz. container non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup crushed cereal
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice bananas.
- Spoon two tablespoons yogurt into the bottom of two glasses.
- Layer two tablespoons cereal over the yogurt in each glass.
- Cover the cereal with half of the banana slices.
- Continue layering yogurt, cereal and bananas until you run out of ingredients.
Number of Servings 2, Serving Size 1 1/4 cups, Calories 210, Total Fat 0.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Total Carbohydrates 49 g, Fiber 3 g, Total Sugars 31 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 6 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 164 mg, Iron 3 mg, Potassium 646 mg
Try with other fruit, such as canned peaches, fresh strawberries in season or frozen blueberries (thaw in the microwave and drain.)
Did you know that milk is loaded with vitamins, minerals and protein, with nine key nutrients? Offer foods made from milk - like low-fat or fat-free yogurt - as snacks and desserts. Eight ounces of yogurt is about the same as a cup of milk.