- 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice, such as peppers, onions, and broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. non-fat or 1% milk
- 2 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. salsa (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub tender raw produce under cold running water. Scrub firm raw produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Chop vegetables. If using frozen, thaw them in the microwave first.
- In a medium sized skillet heat one tablespoon oil, add vegetables and cook over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl. Wash hands after touching raw egg.
- Add milk to eggs and beat with a whisk or fork until mixture is uniformly yellow.
- Put remaining oil into skillet. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook, stirring constantly over medium low heat until eggs become firm. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Spoon half of cooked egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Add half the vegetable mixture and top with half of the cheese.
- Fold or roll tortillas and serve with salsa, if using.
Nutrition Facts is calculated with corn tortillas, eggs, broccoli, and salsa.
Number of Servings 2, Serving Size 1 burrito, Calories 180, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 190 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Total Carbohydrates 16 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 3 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 12 g, Vitamin D 1 mcg, Calcium 130 mg, Iron 1 mg, Potassium 286 mg
To cut back on fat and cholesterol, substitute 2 egg whites for 1 whole egg.