This recipe comes together quickly for a weeknight meal. I like how it uses up leftover vegetables so they are not wasted.
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 3 cups pasta, cooked, use any shape pasta you like, leftover or freshly cooked. Try whole-wheat pasta for a change of pace.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetables, any combination of canned, frozen, fresh or leftover vegetables such as: tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, carrots, mushrooms, leftover vegetable stir-fry
- 1 cup cooked chicken, beef, pork or beans
- 1/2-1 tsp. any seasoning mix like Italian herb, southwestern, garlic powder, garlic pepper, lemon juice
- 1 cup low sodium tomato or spaghetti sauce, 1/4 cup oil and vinegar or 1/4 cup Itailian salad dressing, or pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, monterey jack cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta. If using leftovers, re-heat in microwave.
- While pasta cooks, gently rub any fresh vegetables you are using under cold running water.
- Chop any whole vegetables.
- Cook vegetables in a small amount of oil in a large skillet.
- While vegetables cook, cut meat into bite-sized pieces, if using.
- Add meat or beans to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add seasoning and sauce and cook until sauce is hot.
- Serve with your choice of cheese topping.
Nutrition Facts Label calculated with chicken, low sodium spaghetti sauce, whole-wheat pasta, frozen mixed vegetables and mozzarella cheese.