Skillet recipes are a delicious way to prepare a quick and easy meal. Get your kids involved by having them wash the onion and carrot, they could also help to break apart the ramen noodles.
- 3 minutes
- 9 minutes
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mixture
- 2 cups cooked meat or poultry, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 3-oz. package instant ramen noodles (seasoning packet not used in this recipe)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub onion and carrot with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Chop the onion and carrot.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, carrot, and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes.)
- Thaw the broccoli mixture in the microwave and drain.
- Add the broccoli and cooked meat to the skillet. Stir and heat (about 1-2 minutes.)
- Stir water into pan.
- Break apart the ramen noodles. Add to the skillet while the water simmers. Stir to moisten the noodles. Cover the skillet and cook until done (about 2 minutes.)
Number of Servings 4, Serving Size 1 3/4 cups, Calories 340, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Total Carbohydrates 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Total Sugars 3 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 37 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 45 mg, Iron 2 mg, Potassium 333 mg
Easy, Fun and Free Recipe Videos - Featuring ingredients commonly found in New Hampshire food pantries!
In just 2 minutes, UNH Extension's nutrition educators help you turn simple ingredients into delicious meals. Watch our YouTube video for making Ramen Noodle Skillet.
Seasoning packets have high amounts of sodium. Easily cut back on your sodium by using half of the seasoning packet or none of it.