Washington DC | April 14-19, 2023
This conference annually brings 4-H youth and adults from around the nation to work towards strengthening and expanding the 4-H Youth Development program at the local, state, and national levels. National 4-H Conference is the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture’s premier youth development opportunity to engage youth in developing recommendations for the 4-H Youth Development Program. The National 4-H Headquarters is charged with sharing the recommendations that emerge from the conference with the Secretary of Agriculture, National Extension Program Leaders, and others who determine 4-H programs. At the same time, the conference is a rich and meaningful experience for the youth and adult participants. New Hampshire 4-H sends at least four teens, ages 15-18, each year.
Learn more about National 4-H Conference at their website!
2023 4-H National Conference Application
Applications due February 10, 2023 to email@example.com
Info You Need to Know
National 4-H Conference delegates will:
- Participate in a round table topic of their choosing that will focus on key topics such as: leadership, agriculture, crime, and more.
- Participate in professional workshops.
- Meet with legislators from their State to discuss important issues relating to 4-H.
- Have a chance to network with youth and adults from across the country.
- Learn all about 4-H programming and think about ways to improve programming across the Nation.
- Develop an action plan that will be put to use in their own communities.
- Have fun!
You must submit an application including:
- cover letter
- letter of recommendation
- 1-2 minute video of your elevator pitch to your favorite state senator
to Kristen Landau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due February 10, 2023
Chosen participants will travel to Washington DC with 4-H advisors from New Hampshire. All trip logistics will be handled by the NH 4-H State office from airport to lodging and return. Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from the airport, as well as any meals outside of meals provided at the conference. All COVID-19 protocols dictated by National 4-H Conference, and NH 4-H will be abided by. Current protocols can be found here.
- Must have attended at least (1) Teen Conference or (1) NH Teen Leadership Retreat
- Must plan on being a part of the NH Teen Leadership Program for the 2023-2024 year (County Teen Leadership, 4-H Community Ambassador, 4-H STEM Ambassador, 4-H Ag-Ambassador or other similar leadership roles).