Introduction to the NH 4-H Poultry Project
The New Hampshire 4-H Poultry Project is an exciting and up-and-coming project that encompasses all types of poultry including, but not limited to, chickens, turkey, pigeons, waterfowl, guinea fowl, quail, and other poultry. Poultry can be raised for meat (broilers) or eggs. You can participate in the poultry project in many different ways- and you don’t necessarily have to own your own chickens! There are judging contests, knowledge contests and quiz bowls, showmanship contests, fairs, and workshops. Check out the resources below for some exciting events, activities, and resources in the 4-H Poultry Project Area.
New to the Poultry Project? Check out the NH 4-H Poultry Project Fact Sheet for more information and any of the links below! Also see the “Getting Started with Poultry” WebQuest for more information. To see if others in your county are participating in the Poultry Project Area, contact your county 4-H office by clicking here.
Protecting Poultry from Bears brochure from NH Fish and Game
Forms, resources and Fact sheets here for members, volunteers, leaders and parents
- Upcoming Poultry Workshops Geese & Ducks (March 3), Raising Broilers (March 13), Raising Turkeys (March 20)
- New Hampshire 4-H Livestock Judging Clinic- April Info coming soon
- 4-H Animal Science Bonanza - January 2018, Walpole, NH more information coming soon
- National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference - November, Louisville, KY
- Southern New England 4-H Poultry Show and Showmanship Contest- April, Storrs, CT
- Boston Poultry Exhibition- November, North Oxford, MA
- Northeast Poultry Congress- January, West Springfield, MA