November 30, 2018
This document was compiled in 1999 and includes papers about the financial aspects of tree growth and yield.
In this document you will find:
- Basic review of economics and investment criteria as they pertain to trees. Paul Sendak, Forest Economist, Northeastern Research Station USDA Forest Service
- Value aspects of trees and logs. What's valuable about trees and logs, and why. Don Quigley, Professor, UNH Thompson School of Applied Science
- Performance potential of New England's hardwood forest species. Mark Ducey, Professor of Biometrics, UNH Department of Natural Resources
- Calculating rates of return for New England timber species using the "Brooks and Neil Tree Investment Calculator". Neil I. Lamson , Silviculturist, State and Private Forestry, USDA Forest Service
- Applying tree investment calculations to stand management prescriptions. W.B. Leak, Principal Silviculturist, Northeastern Research Station USDA Forest Service and PaulSendak