I like to eat this easy wrap recipe in the summer when it's too hot to cook on the stove.
Serving size: 1 tortilla
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups vegetables, any combination of shredded carrots, finely chopped broccoli, finely chopped cauliflower
2 green onion, thinly sliced or 1 Tbsp. onion, minced
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup monterey jack, cheddar or swiss cheese
1/4 cup hummus or low-fat ranch salad dressing
1/2 tsp. chili powder or 1/8 tsp. red pepper
4 8-inch whole tortillas
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub broccoli and cauliflower under cold running water. Scrub carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Shred and chop vegetables.
- In a large bowl, mix salad dressing or hummus with chili powder or red pepper.
- Add chopped vegetables and cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap each tortilla around the vegetable mixture.
Serve with fruit salad or a fruit smoothie.
If not serving right away, keep lettuce and cheese separate until ready to serve.
Adapted from University of Massachusetts, Cooperative Extension