4-H Carved Pumpkin Display
As a way to do something special for our community, Grafton County 4-H is hosting a Carved Pumpkin Display in front of the Grafton County Nursing Home. We invite 4-H members, their families, and nursing home residents to provide* carved pumpkins for us to illuminate and display as part of our National 4-H Week celebration. (Parents/guardians are encouraged to participate!)
We look forward to receiving pumpkins carved with a variety of themes, from traditional Halloween designs, to National 4-H Week themed artwork, and everything in between. We will accept carved pumpkins in the front parking lot of the nursing home on Friday, October 7, 2022 anytime between 2:00pm and 6:00pm. Pumpkins will be displayed in front of the building, facing Route 10, and will be illuminated on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, October 7 through 10.
The nursing home's Activities Department staff have offered to accompany residents out to see the pumpkins during the display.
"This event has the opportunity to celebrate National 4-H Week, show the public some creative artwork, and bring a smile to the faces of our friends at the nursing home. With the help of a lot of 4-H families, this display has the potential to brighten spirits across the community."
- Sunday, October 2 - National 4-H Week begins
- Wednesday, October 5 – As a courtesy, participants let Donna Lee know how many pumpkins they plan to bring
- Friday, October 7, 2pm to 6pm - Carved pumpkins are dropped-off to Donna Lee in front of the nursing home
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, October 7-10 - Pumpkins are illuminated
- Please note, pumpkins will be discarded after the event.
*4-H families needing a donated pumpkin are encouraged to contact Donna Lee.