Shane Bradt has been teaching geospatial workshops for UNH Cooperative Extension since 2001, and started his Extension Specialist position in January of 2006.
Shane is principally responsible for outreach involving geospatial technologies, the three main categories of which are geographic information systems (GIS), global positioning system (GPS) and remote sensing. He teaches about geospatial technologies with people inside and outside of UNH through the Geospatial Technologies Training Center using a variety of face-to-face workshops, webinars, and online academic courses. Shane is also an Extension Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Department of Geography and works with the NH Lakes Lay Monitoring Program.
In addition to his work at UNH, Shane plays a key role in outside organizations, including: MapASyst | NH Educational GIS Partnership | North American Lake Management Society Inland HABs Program | Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative | NH Lakes Management Advisory Committee
Shane's office is in Nesmith Hall at the University of New Hampshire in Durham.
- GEOG 796: Spc Top/Crowd Source Mapping
- GSS 896: Special Topics
- Application of remotely sensed data and GIS
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Remote Sensing
- Toxic Substances--Environmental
- Water Resources, Environmental Impacts
Bradt, S., & McGee, J. (2018). The National Extension Web-mapping Tool: From Data Exploration and Discovery to Decision Making. Journal of Extension, 56(5). Retrieved from https://www.joe.org/
Bradt, S., & Snook, H. (2018). Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative. LakeLine, (Summer 2017), 32-36.
Spyrakos, E., O'Donnell, R., Hunter, P. D., Miller, C., Scott, M., Simis, S. G. H., . . . Tyler, A. N. (2018). Optical types of inland and coastal waters. LIMNOLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY, 63(2), 846-870. doi:10.1002/lno.10674
Moore, T. S., Dowell, M. D., Bradt, S., & Ruiz Verdu, A. (2014). An optical water type framework for selecting and blending retrievals from bio-optical algorithms in lakes and coastal waters. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT, 143, 97-111. doi:10.1016/j.rse.2013.11.021
- Crowdsource Mapping [workshop]
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Online [online workshop]
- GIS 101: Learning to Map in the Digital Age [online workshop]
- GIS/GPS Boot Camp [workshop]
- Introduction to ArcGIS (ArcMap) [online workshop]
- Mobile Mapping Made Easy [workshop]
- NH Lakes Lay Monitoring Program reports
- NH Stone Wall Mapper | Level 1 - Start Mapping Walls [online workshop]
- NH Stone Wall Mapper | Level 2 - Curating Mapped Walls [online workshop]
- NH Stone Wall Mapper | Level 3 - Field Verification [online workshop]