Strawberries Fresh from Farmers Market [video]
A Fabulous Strawberry Recipe
When you go to the farmers market in the late spring, you will likely find bright red delicious strawberries for sale.
Servings: 3-4 Serving Size: 1 pop
Handful of strawberries, sliced (about 8-10 strawberries)
1 cup strawberry yogurt
Other supplies needed:
Small paper cups
Straws or wooden food grade popsicle sticks
Make sure to wash your hands before handling food. Wash and pat dry the strawberries before using in the recipe.
- Cut and remove all stems and leaves then slice strawberries and place into a bowl.
- Add strawberry yogurt and stir until strawberries are coated.
- Fill each paper cup with about ¼ cup of mixture. Place a straw in the center of each cup.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours or until they harden.
- Peel the paper cup away from the pop and enjoy.
You could mix it up and use other fresh fruits found at your local farmers markets like blueberries and blueberry yogurt, raspberries and raspberry yogurt or peaches and peach yogurt. These would be great to make with your children throughout the summer for a special treat.
Making the Recipe
Watch this short video on how to make these delicious strawberry pops.