Peaches Fresh from the Farmers Market or Farm Stand [video]
UNH Nutrition Connections staff member Sara Oberle shows how to prepare this fresh, summer fruit
Did you know that peaches grow in New Hampshire? Visit your local farmers market or farm stand to purchase this juicy and delicious fruit! Peaches can be used in a variety of recipes like fruit smoothies and pies. You can top a salad with fresh peach slices, put halved peaches brushed with a little olive oil on the grill for a summer treat, serve peaches with a small scoop of ice cream or try the following recipe for peach crumble.
A fabulous peach recipe
7-8 peaches, sliced
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Wash peaches under running water.
- In a deep baking dish, add sliced peaches and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine old fashioned oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and room temperature butter. Using a fork, mix until crumbly.
- Pour cornstarch mixture over sliced peaches, then pour the oat mixture over the top and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 mintues. Enjoy!
Making the recipe
Watch this short video on how to make this delicious peach crumble recipe.