Serving Size: 1 patty
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Flake the salmon, blending in the skin and the tiny soft bones.
- Put in a colander and rinse under cold water for 1 minute to remove some of the extra sodium.
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Stir together salmon with bread, onion, lemon juice, mustard (if using), and egg whites until well blended.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. While it heats, form the salmon mixture into six patties.
- Cook patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
Serve each burger on a bun with lettuce and tomato slices. Serve with veggie sticks and a glass of nonfat milk for a complete meal.