Serving size: 1 cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 cups broccoli, frozen or fresh
2 stalks celery
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup low sodium broth or 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger or 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash broccoli under cold running water, if using fresh. Scrub carrots and celery with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Cut carrots into thin slices and celery into bite sized pieces.
- Mix carrots and celery together and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chopped vegetables to the skillet and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, put cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add cornstarch mix to skillet and stir until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Serve over brown rice or other grain, such as bulgar, couscous, pasta or noodles. to add protein, top with seasoned tofu or toasted nuts.
Save time by using a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables. In place of broccoli, carrots and celery.
Substitute any vegetables you like.
Find what is in season to get the best deal.