Serving size: 1 cup
Prep time: 5-15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Select two or more vegetables. Prepare 1 cup per serving.
For every 4 cups of raw vegetables, use one of the following:
Optional: Pick one or both.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub tender produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Trim and cut all vegetables into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes or slices.
- In a mixing bowl, toss vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan. Spread vegetables in a single layer in the oiled pan. If making a lot, use two pans.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and start to brown, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Larger amounts of vegetables and crowded pans will take longer. Continue to stir every 10 minutes.
Roasted vegetables make a great side dish to many meals.
Easy, Fun and Free Recipe Videos - Featuring ingredients commonly found in New Hampshire food pantries!
In just 2 minutes, UNH Extension's nutrition educators help you turn simple ingredients into delicious meals. Watch our YouTube video for making Fresh Roasted Vegeteables.
Source: Washington State University Extension