Olivia Saunders (She/Her/Hers)
Olivia Saunders is a Field Specialist in Fruit & Vegetable Production, in the UNH Cooperative Extension Food & Agriculture Program. Olivia is also the SARE Professional Development Program Coordinator at the University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension. She has been with UNH Extension since 2013 and in her role as SARE coordinator since 2017.
Olivia works directly with vegetable, tree fruit and small fruit farmers in NH on issues such as soil fertility management, pest identification, cover cropping, organic production and challenges associated with new and beginning farming. Olivia Manages the Soil Testing program and the Master Gardener program in Carroll County. Olivia also promotes sustainable beekeeping practices to NH’s beekeeping community.
Olivia received her B.S. in Environmental Studies from UNH, and her M.S. in Soil Science from Washington State University.
See the fruit & vegetable production team recorded educational videos
Local food system advocacy and support for farmers in Carroll County: https://mwveg.com/#
How Local Farms are Battling The Changing Weather, MW VIBE Magazine, Spring 2020
- Soil Testing for Environmental Contaminants - Interpreting Your Heavy Metals Test Results [fact sheet]
- 2018 The Farms of Carroll County booklet
- Adding SNAP/EBT Sales to your Farm [webinar video]
- Composting for the Home Gardener [fact sheet]
- Guide to Using Wood Ash as an Agricultural Soil Amendment
- New Hampshire Farm Products Map
- Organic & Natural Fertilizers for the Home Ground & Garden [fact sheet]
- Research Report: Low input weed management of wild blueberries, 2014 to 2016
- Soil Testing Forms
- Sustainable Beekeeping, Skills and Knowledge List