This easy recipe has a lot of flavor and goes well with a simple steamed vegetable.
Serving Size: 4 ounces
Prep time: 5 minutes (after fish has thawed)
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 pound fresh or frozen white fish fillets,such as tailapia, halibut, and cod
¼ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
⅛ tsp. black pepper
⅛ tsp. oregano
⅛ tsp. thyme or basil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- If frozen, thaw fish according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish fillets next to each other in an ungreased baking pan, then wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine seasonings (paprika through thyme) in a small bowl. Sprinkle over fish.
- Pour lemon juice and oil over fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145° F on a food thermometer. Fish will flake easily with a fork.
While the fish is in the oven, steam a vegetable to serve on the side.
Thaw fish overnight in the refrigerator. Put on a plate to collect any drippings.
For a crispy topping, add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs to the seasoning mix.